Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Cajón del Azul

A relatively easy and enjoyable hike over the river and through the woods…and then next a strikingly blue river. The pictures just don´t do it justice.

The water was so beautiful and the sun was so hot, I was shocked by the fact that most hikers were not diving in and somehow content to sit on the boiling white rocks. Believing that the average person is a fool, I decided that I would not follow the crowd and jump in. Turns out the water is so freakin´ cold it feels like it will freeze your heart and the air in your lungs instantly. I made it about three seconds before doggy paddling back to shore, slipping on rocks as I raced to get the hell out of the river.

Refugio Cajon del Azul is where the cool kids hang out and listen to tape cassettes.

No comments:

Post a Comment